Tri-Luma Cream Offers New Hope To Melasma Sufferers
More than 200,000 people get melasma every year, which is a skin condition that causes brown patches to show up on the face. Before, people with melasma didn’t have many treatment options, but now they have a new chance. Tri-Luma Cream may be able to get rid of these spots better than anyone could have imagined.
What is Tri-Luma Cream?
Tri-Luma, which was just approved by the Food and Drug Administration, is the best way to treat melasma because it has all of the most powerful active ingredients in one cream. Other treatments only had two active ingredients, which made them less effective at getting rid of blemishes. This new formula can get rid of blemishes caused by moderate to severe melasma in 8 weeks. This is much faster than other skin treatments for the condition.
The triple combination compound consists of:
- Tretinoin 0.05%
- This ingredient is very concentrated and helps the skin shed dead cells by making more skin cells. It is the first step to regrowing skin that looks healthy, so you can buy Tretinoin cream online.
- Hydroquinone 4%
- This ingredient helps to make the blemishes less dark. It stops melanin from being made, which makes the skin lighter.
- Fluocinolone acetonide 0.01%
- The third important thing is a corticosteroid that was added to the compound to reduce the inflammation caused by the condition.
Patients who take Tri-Luma are told to stay out of the sun as much as possible. Treatment is best done with sunblock and protective clothing. Even though the cream is not a cure, it has been shown to help with the blemishes that come with melasma.
Tri-Luma Cream Use Instructions
- Use it exactly the way your doctor or pharmacist tells you to. Tri-Luma Cream can only be put on the outside of the body.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before you use it.
- Dry it off and clean the area where it will be used.
- Wash your hands before and after you use Tri-Luma Cream.
- Apply a small amount of this medicine to a spot on your skin that is healthy and has no cuts or sores.
- If you get this medicine in your eyes by accident, wash them out right away with water.
How Effective Is Tri-Luma Cream?
When a new drug comes out, patients who are interested in taking it have a lot of questions and worries. Tri-Luma is no different, and one of the most common questions about it is how well it works. Before you can answer that, you should know that the cream is a prescription drug that you can only get from your doctor or a dermatologist they send you to.
In clinical trials, people with moderate to severe melasma saw changes in as little as four weeks. Over two different studies, by eight weeks, most of the patients in the test group had improved in some way. In the first study, 38% of patients had their blemishes go away completely. In the second study, 13% of patients had their melasma go away completely. But once the Tri-Luma treatment stopped, the melasma symptoms came back unless the main causes of the condition (taking birth control pills and getting too much sun) were taken care of.
Medicines that interact with each other
Tri-Luma Cream is put on the skin, so there isn’t much chance that it will interact with other medicines that are taken by mouth. But it might interact with other creams, lotions, and gels that are put on the skin. Talk to your doctor if you are using another gel or cream on your skin to treat a different health problem.
Keeping and getting rid of Tri-Luma Cream
- Tri Luma Cream 15 g should be kept in its original bottle and kept away from moisture, heat, and sunlight.
- Keep the medicine away from kids and pets.
- Avoid freezing it.
Over dosage of Tri Luma Cream
Since Tri-Luma Cream is meant to be used on the skin, overdoses are unlikely. But if you eat something by accident, call your doctor right away or go to the nearest hospital. If you put on too much medicine by accident, you can remove the extra medicine with tissue or cotton. Too much for too long is not a good idea because it can mess up your hormones.
Missed a Dose
Apply Tri Luma Cream as soon as you can if you missed the application window. Applying more cream than necessary won’t make up for the missing application.